A simple, healthy and clean recipe for hot cross bun muffins by nutritionist, naturopath and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish
Healthy Easter Hot Cross Bun Muffins
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 cup 250ml coconut milk (BPA free, canned)
- 1/2 cup 125ml freshly squeezed orange juice (approx 1 large sweet orange)
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 2 cups 200g almond meal
- 1 tsp 3g gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp 1g organic vanilla bean powder
- 1 tsp 2g cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup 100g medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 Tbsp 20ml coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp 20g coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp 40ml water
- Snap-lock bag/ piping bag
- Pre-heat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk eggs with coconut milk, orange zest and juice.
- Add almond meal, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, all spice, nutmeg and cloves and mix to combine.
- Stir through chopped dates.
- Spoon batter into patty/muffins cases.
- To make crosses – in a small mixing bowl combine coconut milk, coconut flour and water to make a white paste. Spoon into a snap lock bag or piping bag. Cut a small corner to make a piping whole and squeeze mixture on top of muffins in a cross design.
- Bake in oven for 35-40 mins or until cooked through. Allow to cool.
A simple, healthy and clean recipe for hot cross bun muffins. This recipe is free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar.” width=”736″ height=”2061″ />
If you like this recipe then check out: No Bake Dark Choc Cherry Cheesecake
This recipe was designed by Brisbane nutritionist and recipe developer Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish. For more healthy, recipes please visit her website Live Love Nourish or follow Live Love Nourish on Instagram and Facebook
Do you have an amazing healthy Easter recipe like these Hot Cross Bun Muffins? Comment below!