To get your discount of 35% off your first 4 boxes at HelloFresh UK click this link and enter code HELLOJULY35OFF
This week I have rejoined HelloFresh UK for what must be the third time! Just before the Covid-19 lockdown, I canceled my subscription due to finances being a little uncertain. We are now on our way out of lockdown and if you’ve been following me on Instagram you will know that I just got my first box last Sunday!
I am a massive fan of HelloFresh, my first experience of it was when we were living back in Australia (I wrote about it here) and then again in the UK late last year but I have to say the UK version is far better due to the extra flexibility and menu choices you are given.
what is HelloFresh UK?…
If you are not familiar with HelloFresh UK then it is a flexible meal subscription service. You get a delivery every week and in each box are all the ingredients and recipes to make the meals you have selected.
what types of meals are available?…
When you create your account you can choose what type of meals you would like:
- Classic Box – you can choose from any of the 20 meals available and set preferences such as being a vegetarian or not wanting any fish dishes.
- Family Box – 2 pot meals that are quick to make and pre-approved by kids!
- Rapid Box – Meals that are easy to prep and take only 20 minutes to make.
Once you choose your box type you are not locked into these meals. You can easily swap any of your meals from some others available that week. For example, if you are on the Family box but you know one night next week you will be home late and need something quick to prepare then you can swap one of your meals for a rapid meal.
Along with these swaps, there are also other types of meals to choose such as Street Food, extra rapid, balanced, premium, dinner to lunch, and vegetarian.
There is also the option to add an extra meal if you are struggling to narrow down your choices or just need an extra meal that week.
what kinds of recipes can I expect?…
The recipes you can expect from HelloFresh UK range from a burger and chips to a duck leg confit. Caramelised onion sausages to salmon teriyaki skewers. Some of the fancier meals may have a small additional charge.
The recipes are provided on individual cards with images to help you. They are broken down in to super easy to follow steps and even include some tips and tricks along the way.
There are also different types of difficulty levels although I have never had a recipe that I have had any trouble in making.
what’s the benefit of HelloFresh UK?…
The biggest benefit of HelloFresh for me is not having to plan out what meals we are going to have each week and then writing out long shopping lists of ingredients. Instead, I simply jump into the app once a week and make sure I am happy with the meals that have been selected for me and I’m done.
- I find that it saves me quite a bit of money each week. I make a lot of our dinners from scratch so there are a number of ingredients for each which really adds up.
- It has reduced our food wastage as I’m not buying anything we don’t end up needing or using.
- My kids eat most of it! All 3 of mine are fussy eaters and hate to see anything too green or unfamiliar on their plate. I have found that the meal choices I get at HelloFresh each week provides options that my boys will eat relatively fuss-free!
- Another big benefit for me is the time it saves. Even if I haven’t chosen one of the rapid meals I still find most of the recipes are quick and easy to prepare due to the carefully planned out way the recipe is written and the fact I am not having to weigh or measure any of the ingredients.
- The last benefit for me is the satisfaction I get when I see the professional-looking dinner I am serving up to the family all done with very little effort!
what is the quality of the food like?…
Out of all the meals I have ever had from HelloFresh UK the food has always been fresh, excellent quality, and much better than anything I ever buy in a Supermarket.
do I have to be home when the box is delivered?…
I am often not home when my HelloFresh UK box arrives but that is fine as it is wrapped in clever packaging made of recycled PET that keeps any meat or dairy chilled. These icepacks are then reusable so ideal for taking out on your next picnic!
On a side note, the boxes your food is delivered in are the perfect size for storage or craft for the kids!
how much does Hello Fresh cost?…
This depends on how many meals you would like a week, for how many people and which box type you choose. As a guide, a family box for 4 people with 4 meals a week costs £3.44 per meal. Delivery is free.
I have always found the portions to be very generous. I have been ordering 3 serves of each meal for our family of 2 adults and 3 children (aged 7, 5 and 2) and I often have some leftover.
is it any good for the kids?…
As mentioned before there is the option of the family box that has kid-approved meals in. Even if there are meals in this that don’t suit your family you can swap them out with 1 or more of the other 16 options.
how do I get a discount on my first 4 boxes?
To get your discount of 35% off your first 4 boxes at HelloFresh UK click this link
Do you use HelloFresh? What do you think? Let us know in the comments below!