“Can HelloFresh save you money?” is a question I asked a lot right before I signed up. However, what surprised me the most when I did actually sign up was that not only was it saving me loads of time and hassle but it was in fact saving me money as well. In fact, I would have signed up a lot sooner but I always presumed it would be a lot more expensive than it actually is.
I was so surprised by this that I even tested it by putting all the ingredients from one week of HelloFresh meals into a Tescos online shop to see what the difference was.
the price comparison…
4 nights of HelloFresh for 3 people at full price is £48.96
4 nights of HelloFresh with the 35% off your first 4 boxes offer is: £31.84
A Tesco order full of the ingredients that I would have needed to buy to make those meals is £55.40
(there were a few items I couldn’t get through Tesco such as an Onion Marmalade so this would have added another pound or two)
As you can see, getting the ingredients through HelloFresh saved me (on a non discounted week) £6.44 but while getting the 35% discount it saved £23.56 a week. That works out at approximately £94 a month!!!
You can also check out my HelloFresh UK Review
Not only does HelloFresh save you money it also…
- Saved me cooking/ prep time as ingredients such as cheese, breadcrumbs, or sauces are already measured out to the required quantity.
- Saved on cupboard/ fridge space as I now don’t have to store items such as a jar of onion marmalade that I only used a tablespoon of.
- Saved on wastage. It infuriates me when I have to buy a pack of something because they are not sold separately, even though I only want 1.
- Saved me the hassle of planning out 4 meals and then writing a list of what ingredients are needed.
- The ingredients that come from HelloFresh, in particular, the meat and veg are of far better quality than anything I have ever bought at a Supermarket.
- It has also given me the opportunity to serve up some meals to my family that I would never usually try.
- Helped improve my cooking skills.
- It is healthier. We all get lazy and buy a jar of sauce or a ready meal because of the convenience but they are loaded with salt, sugar, and a cocktail of other nasties. Cooking with fresh ingredients avoids all of that.
As you can see from this list not only have I saved money but I have also gained a number of really quality benefits too.
Don’t forget that although HelloFresh is a subscription service, you can cancel at any time. You are also not locked into any meals and can swap any you’re not keen on from a choice of 20 each week.
If you would like to give HelloFresh a go then click here to get the discount of 35% off your first 4 boxes.
Does HelloFresh save you money? What’s your favourite feature? Leave a comment below.