Chicken, Avocado and Mango – the perfect 3!
This Cajun Chicken With Avocado Salad & Mango Salsa recipe uses simple ingredients, is easy to make yet is a flavour sensation! Perfect as a Summer meal or an easy weekend lunch.
Cajun Chicken With Avocado Salad & Mango Salsa.
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried chilli crushed
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, about 150g each
For the salad
- 150 g spinach
- A handful of fresh coriander
- A handful of fresh mint
- A handful of fresh parsley
- 1/4 red onion roughly diced
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 avocados
- Mix together all the spices, garlic and oil with a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts and turn them so they are covered with the marinade.
- Set a ridged griddle/grill pan on a medium heat and leave to heat up.
- Meanwhile, one at a time, place the breasts on one half of a large sheet of clingfilm, fold the clingfilm over so that the spices are sealed in and gently bash the breasts with a rolling pin to flatten them to about 1cm thick; remove the clingfilm. Place the breasts on the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- Make the salad whilst the chicken is cooking. Finely chop the spinach, coriander, mint, parsley and red onion and mix together with the oil in a large bowl. Peel the avocados and remove the stone, then dice the flesh. Add to the bowl and fold in gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the salsa, combine all the ingredients in another bowl. Use your hands to mix, squeezing the tomatoes to create a chunky, juicy salsa.
- Serve each chicken breast with a big helping of the spinach salad and the mango salsa.
If you love this Cajun Chicken With Avocado Salad & Mango Salsa then you will love this: Shaved Fennel, Avocado And Grapefruit Detox Salad
You can check out more recipes here.